Manitoban families deserve affordable, reliable child care
Parents are facing unnecessary stress because affordable, high quality child care is so hard to find. This makes it harder for parents—especially women—to get back to paid work, and it hurts our economy.
Brian Pallister’s government is failing hard-working families:
- Wait lists for child care are at record highs, and convenient child care options are hard to find
- Child care fees are putting a squeeze on household budgets
- Poor wages and working conditions are making it difficult to recruit and retain early childhood educators
Making affordable, high-quality early learning and child care available to all families will grow our economy, help set children up for success at school, and reduce gender inequality.
This election, ask your local candidates if they’ll commit to doing what’s needed to make sure families can access affordable, high-quality child care by:
- Expanding the number of publicly-funded child care spaces.
- Making parent fees affordable.
- Improving quality with a workforce plan that focuses on training needs and fair wages and benefits for early childhood educators.